Thank you, accidentlyinked, for the nomination! It really means a lot that you take the time to read my work. It actually makes me feel quite warm and fuzzy on the inside. And for those of you who haven’t gotten the chance to read accidentlyinked’s work, I’d definitely recommend it. From inspiring quotes, to striking images, to profound dialogue, this site certainly has it all.
– Insert the Liebster award logo in your post
– Thank and link those who nominated you
– (After reading the official rules) You also have to reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself!
– Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
– Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 100 followers
– Ask 11 questions of your own to your nominees that they have to answer
– Notify your nominees about The Liebster Award
– Include instructions of the process in your post
And in accordance to the rules of this award, I suppose I must reveal 11 interesting things about myself. Funny how upon being asked to disclose several interesting things about yourself, you immediately forget everything that makes you unique. Nonetheless, I shall persist. Well, let’s begin then:
Eleven Interesting Facts
- I am capable of speaking Spanish, Telugu, and (surprise) English fluently. Well, while I could certainly improve my Spanish and Telugu, I can still engage in casual conversation. Oh yes, and I also know several words, phrases, and the alphabet in American Sign Language!
- I love libraries, and not just for the books themselves. I love the library because of the quiet, tranquil, and scholarly environment that it provides. It’s like an academic shelter away from the hustle and bustle of daily activity.
- I detest hard-boiled eggs with a passion. After having eaten one cold, smooth, slimely white egg, I realized that I would never do it again.
- I love government and political ethics. Sure, I’ve always aspired to be a physician, but I find politics intriguing.
- I’m currently putting off going to my next class by attempting to finish the requirements of this award. However, there is no need to worry. I will promptly oust myself from the comfortable confines of the library so that I may run to class. And alas, I am sure I will be on time.
- As a child, my favorite television show was Sesame Street. My least favorite show was the Teletubbies.
- I dislike horror movies because my tolerance for irrational fear, terror, psychopaths, blood, gore, and serial killers is incredibly low.
- I’m a vegetarian and have always been.
- My favorite flavor of ice cream and animal crackers is chocolate.
- I find it exceedingly difficult to spout eleven interesting facts about myself.
- In terms of musical taste, I like specific songs from various genres, including Bollywood, Western classical, the eighties, the seventies, pop music, trip hop, and new age classical.
THE QUESTIONS (AND MY ANSWER
- When did you start blogging?
I started blogging approximately four months ago, so you could say I’m a newbie. Not that there’s anything wrong with that!
- If there was something you could teach yourself, what would it be? If there was something I could teach myself, I would learn how to play music by ear. I think it’s amazing how people can just replicate the melody of a song just by listening to it.
- If it was raining in the morning on a holiday would you rather sleep or wake up and enjoy the rain? I would definitely enjoy the rain! A lot of people dislike rain, saying that the sky becomes to gray and dreary, but I find it exciting and refreshing.
- What was the last book you read?
The Communist Manifesto by Friedrich Engels and Karl Marx
- Do you like math? – I certainly would like it more if it weren’t so difficult.
- If you could learn a new language which one would it be? If I could learn a new language it would be Mandarin Chinese because such a large portion of the world speaks it.
- If you wished to change the name of your blog,what would it be? I’m not really sure about that one – Cardboard Express has just become an intrinsic part of this site’s identity. I couldn’t imagine it being anything else. Maybe “Cookie Express” because I like cookies? But then people might think this was a cooking site, so maybe not.
- Have you ever seen a flamingo? Not in pictures in real! I’ve seen a flock of flamingos at a zoo once. They were lovely.
- Do you like spoken word? I do enjoy the spoken word. I believe that it carries tremendous power.
- Are you afraid of cats or dogs? Or both? I’m afraid of neither cats nor dogs. Although I like both of them, I’d definitely say I was more of a dog person.
- Do you think a poem you wrote for a friend is a good gift or a book written by a famous author? I believe that a poem I wrote for a friend is a better gift than a book written by a famous author. After all, it’s personalized!
And because these questions were so insightful, I am using them for my own nominees, who I will select at a later date!